Saturday, November 24, 2012

Almost.

I huffed around in frenzy
I had just been shown the bone
Now I must pounce at just-right time
And then he'd be, all mine to own

Was there time to smile some bit?
I had just been shown the bone
Or should I plan the next move
His entry to my zone.  

I really thought I'd grab it, for
I had just been shown the bone
I believed that God would favor me
I'd been true you know, my own 

They call it over-confidence or perhaps,
some random crazy dreams
I jumped and lunged to grab it, but
fell flat on my knees

A cracked up bone and ugly scars
Did finally clear the fog
Life's a bitch and that's that
Bleh, I'm such a dog.


6 comments:

  1. nicely written.. expressing the naive nature of the animal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life's a bitch. But the solution is perhaps not to see oneself as a dog, but as a dog-trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it ws gud...ur photo next to it was even more awesm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all, glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, its based on recent disappointment, though!

    Thanks for stopping by at Untitled - Hope you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Liked it or not so much..? Happily agree or vociferously disagree?
Please do leave a note - I'll be very happy to hear from you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...